RedboxVR specialises in supplying Virtual Reality Kits designed for the classroom. We are all about providing our customers with a high quality, hassle-free experience.
Located in the UK
Based in the North West of England, we deliver to clients throughout the UK and Europe and as far away as the Middle East, Far East, the US, Africa and Australia. Our continuing research into the latest advances in virtual and augmented reality allow us to provide the ultimate immersive learning experience.
All RedboxVR kits are UK made and self-contained so absolutely everything you need is included and ready to go. This is technology that doesn’t get in the way, it paves the way for engaging, exciting learning like never before!
Contained within the RedboxVR iNcharge case there are the following items:
- Intelligent device management system.
- Built-in electronics detect what device is plugged into it and charges it accordingly.
- Dual Band WiFi router. The router is built into the kit and requires no setup or external power. It creates its own WiFi network to allow our kit to work independently of any school infrastructure.
- Full HD 5.5” Android or ARCore student devices. These are fully pre-configured and set up to be dedicated student VR/AR devices assigned to the schools GSuite for Education account.
- Android 10.1” Teacher device.
RedboxVR Classroom Kits work with any of the 1000s of Android based apps available on the Google Play Store. They are compatible with all the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality apps. Every single RedboxVR device has passed these compatibility tests.
The Homido Grab VR headsets received the “Works with Google Cardboard” certification, ensuring complete compatibility with Google Cardboard applications.
Design and Manufacture
We specifically design our kits with the classroom in mind and use the latest CAD design and CNC machinery during manufacture. The kits are both durable and portable. Ability Tec in Bolton Greater Manchester, a commercially focused Social Enterprise that manufacture PCB boards, manufacture the built-in electronics. Ability Tec were also the first to re-open a Remploy factory.
Public Sector Procurement
Ability Tec is a Social Enterprise Contract Electronic Manufacturer employing people with disabilities. Any end customer of an Ability Tec assembled printed Circuit Board can take advantage of the Social Value Act (2013) and Equality Act (2010) when selling to public bodies.